Kane County Personal Injury Law Firm Assists Victims of Negligence
Aurora firm seeks compensation for Illinois clients
Amoni Law Offices, P.C. is a Kane County personal injury law firm dedicated to achieving justice for clients who have been hurt by others’ negligence. With more than 40 years of legal experience, Attorney Larry Amoni has helped Illinois accident victims and their families secure the payment they need to deal with their medical conditions and the other effects of untimely accidents.
When do I need a personal injury lawyer?
Not every injury justifies legal relief and, in many instances, defendants and those working on their behalf take aggressive steps to stop worthy claimants from collecting the damages they deserve. We are well versed in the tactics that defense lawyers and insurers use as well as the laws and courts that govern these cases. No matter the specific harm in your case, we’re ready to put our knowledge and skill to work for you.
Types of accidents that often result in injury
Some of the most common types of personal injury and wrongful death claims involve:
- Car accidents — Busy roads in the Chicago area lead to dangerous car accidents. If you have been hurt in any type of vehicle collision, including a truck, motorcycle or bicycle crash, we can help.
- Slip and fall incidents — When property owners don’t take reasonable steps to prevent slip and fall injuries, our firm seeks appropriate relief for victims.
- Medical malpractice — Doctors and hospitals that don’t adhere to their professional standards are capable of causing tremendous harm to patients. In medical malpractice litigation, we use expert testimony to highlight their negligence.
- Defective products — Businesses that put products on the marketplace have a legal responsibility to protect users against dangerous defects. In cases where a defect leads to an injury or fatality, we take on the liable parties.
- Nursing home negligence — Our firm assists residents of nursing homes who have been victimized by abuse or neglect.
Whatever your legal matter entails, you can rely on us for insightful advice and assertive advocacy.
Injuries where compensation may be warranted
Our firm aggressively pursues full payment for Illinois clients who have suffered injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Paralysis and other catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back and spinal cord damage
- Burns and electrocution injuries
In most cases, victims have two years from the date of their injury to initiate a lawsuit. However, taking prompt action will help to put you in the strongest possible legal position.
What to expect in a successful personal injury case
Illinois plaintiffs can receive damages to address several types of harm stemming from their injury, including compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and loss of body function
- Reduced income earning potential
From the start of your case, we’ll give you honest counsel about the potential value of your claim and the likelihood of a positive outcome.
What is needed to win a lawsuit in Illinois
Most personal injury claims are resolved through settlement for a number of reasons. When cases are resolved out of the court, both parties avoid the uncertainty, time and expense associated with litigation. However, sometimes defendants and their insurance companies are unwilling to provide reasonable relief. As an accomplished trial advocate, I understand how to prove a defendant violated their duty of care in negligence cases. Whether your matter ends up being resolved through negotiations, mediation or in court, presenting the strongest possible argument starts with a thorough investigation of the pertinent facts.
Contact an accomplished Illinois personal injury attorney for a free consultation
Amoni Law Offices, P.C. litigates all types of personal injury cases for Illinois plaintiffs. We are located in Aurora and handle matters in the Western Suburbs and throughout the Chicago metro area. You can schedule a free initial consultation by calling 630-473-4008 or contacting us online.