Aurora Premises Liability Attorney Pursues Compensation for Victims
Established Illinois firm works to hold negligent property owners accountable
When you suffer an injury on someone else’s property, Amoni Law Offices, P.C. can advise you on whether you are entitled to legal relief. Larry Amoni is a seasoned Aurora premises liability lawyer who advocates on behalf of plaintiffs in claims stemming from slip and fall accidents, dog bites, security failures and other types of incidents. If you’ve suffered broken bones, back pain or more serious harm, my firm will fight to get you the payment you deserve to cover medical costs, lost wages and other damages available under Illinois law.
Illinois premises liability laws that might affect your claim
As a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Aurora, Larry Amoni offers guidance to injury victims on the legal standards that affect their premises liability claims. In these cases, the parties responsible for a property can be held liable for visitors’ injuries if they do not take reasonable care to protect people who are allowed to be on the premises. You can even win damages in court if you are held partly responsible for your injury, though your award would be reduced by the percentage of blame assigned to you.
Common injuries associated with premises liability cases
Many premises liability plaintiffs suffer broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage and other impact injuries associated with slip and fall incidents. In dog bite claims, puncture wounds are common. Some cases are even more serious, involving long-term harm such as paralysis and debilitating diseases. Occasionally, the failure to maintain safe premises has fatal consequences, triggering a wrongful death action.
Frequent causes of premises liability claims
Various forms of negligence might give rise to a premises liability lawsuit, including:
- Unsafe walkways
- Missing or broken handrails
- Inadequate security
- Failure to take necessary fire prevention measures
- Slippery surfaces caused by spills and leaks
- Hazards that are difficult to see
- Falling objects
- Unsafe structures
Insurance companies that defend against premises liability claims often fight hard to avoid their legal responsibility, but our firm knows how to collect the evidence needed to show that defendants did not use proper care.
Lawyer handles all types of premises liability claims
Attorney Larry Amoni represents Chicago-area victims in a full range of premises liability matters, such as claims related to:
- Slip and fall incidents — Failing to clean up a spill or address icy pavement can lead to a severe slip and fall injury.
- Dog bites — Even if a pet has never previously displayed dangerous tendencies, Illinois dog bite victims are entitled to reimbursement of medical bills and lost income.
- Toxic exposure — Property owners that fail to protect guests against exposure to dangerous chemicals, harmful fumes and other types of toxic substances might be held liable for any illnesses that result.
- Structural problems — Deficiencies in a structure present the risk of collapsing floors and falling objects.
- Drowning — Without proper safety precautions, private and public pools are a threat to children and others who are unable to swim.
- Fires and electrical shocks — Lines that aren’t grounded correctly and the haphazard placement of flammable substances might cause life-changing burns and electrocution injuries.
No matter what type of incident led to your injury, our firm is ready to assert your rights during settlement discussions and in court.
Where accidents that lead to premises liability actions happen
Once you’re off your own property, an accident giving rise to a premises liability claim can happen almost anywhere. Shopping malls, supermarkets and other retail establishments are often crowded and sometimes understaffed, and a broken tile or an item that drops on the floor in one of these places might have serious consequences for an unsuspecting customer. Whether you’re looking to enjoy yourself at a pool or amusement park, or you have gone somewhere to conduct business, you could be hurt due to someone else’s negligence. You can even get hurt in places where you aren’t expecting trouble, such as a daycare center or a friend’s house or apartment.
Contact a skillful Illinois lawyer for a free consultation about a premises liability action
Amoni Law Offices, P.C. handles a full range of premises liability cases for Illinois plaintiffs, including cases arising from slip and fall injuries and dog bites. Please call 630-473-4008 or contact us online to make an appointment for a free consultation. Our office is in Aurora.